Natural Remedy For Arthritis
Natural Remedy For Arthritis
Pain relief is the main area of concern for the sufferers of arthritis. These people have often tried traditional medications without success, they are often not eligible for surgery and as a result, they will see relieve through natural remedies for arthritis.
Because of the increasing cost of the prescription medications, most of the arthritis sufferers are seeking natural remedies for arthritis. Many natural remedies of arthritis and supplements are helpful in reduction of cartilage deterioration and even rebuild a patient’s lost cartilage.
However it is advisable to consult a healthcare advisor before starting any natural remedy for arthritis as supplements can cause adverse reactions and may not be right for your situation.
You should remember one thing that the FDA does not regulate dietary supplements. This is because, plants, fats, proteins and animal organs and tissues as well as herbs, minerals and vitamins doesn’t need approval from FDA.
So some supplements may be beneficial to arthritic patients and some may not. Note also that producers of supplements may very well promote that their supplements work great, but they do not have to use standardized ingredients or recipes, disclose side effects that have been reported, nor prove that the products are indeed effective.
Chondroitin, Fish Oil and Glucosamine
The most popular dietary supplements for arthritis sufferers are chondroitin, fish oil and glucosamine. Chondroitin is helpful in drawing fluid into the cartilage, improving the ability of shock-absorbing and weight control, as more weight leads to more joint pressure. Fish oils are helpful in controlling the inflammation in the body.
According to a recent study, glucosamine is a cartilage-building substance, which is effective in long-term relief of osteoarthritis pain. In some people, glucosamine appears to even slow the deterioration of joints over time and strengthen the joint cartilage.
It is still unclear whether glucosamine is helpful in curing arthritis or not. In some occasions, glucosamine can be used in conjunction with MSM, a substance that appears to slow down the deterioration but is not yet proven and approved.
Natural Remedy For arthritis In Brief:
• Vitamin E – This antioxidant is used primarily for osteoarthritis.
• Vitamin B is also an effective pain reliever. It works best on the knee and can help stop degeneration that is caused by free-radical molecules, not only in the joints but in other areas of the body as well
• Ginger – Ginger is an antioxidant that acts as an inflammatory with no major side effects.
• Glucosamine sulfate – This builds cartilage with very few side effects.
• MSM – This organic sulfur is used in the reduction of inflammation.
• Nettle leaf – Nettles can reduce a patient’s need for NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) by up to 70 percent.
• Chondroitin – Helps draw fluid into cartilage, improving shock-absorbing ability.
• Magnets – Although magnets that are worn as jewelry or placed on bed linens have been reported by some to be effective pain relievers, results are still preliminary; doctors claim that these magnets are not strong enough.
These are merely a few instances of what an arthritis sufferer can use when he wants to go for natural remedy for arthritis. However, due to the lack of scientific study and testing on many of these alternate arthritis treatments, there is no proof of their effectiveness.
Unfortunately, there is no cure available for arthritis. But you can delay the effects of arthritis by maintaining a healthy weight. Exercise regularly and eat a healthy and avoid repetitious movements that cause you pain.
Actually osteoarthritis is not curable, but nutritional supplements, exercise, weight loss, and the application of heat or cold to affected joints can improve the function and flexibility of your joints, and perhaps even slow the progress of the disease.
There's no doubt that the topic of Arthritis remedies can be fascinating. If you still have unanswered questions about arthritis cure, you may find what you're looking for in our website.